Our commitment to 100% USDA certified organic product is part of our pledge to serve the planet. Our promise starts with cows, grown on sustainable farms, grazing on fresh pastures in a humane environment without any antibiotics, hormones or chemicals. But our promise doesn’t stop there. Sustainable practices are part of everything we do. The organic milk is processed in a plant that uses 40% less energy than a typical whey plant. We do this by:
- Recovering and reusing the heat from our boiler
- Doing an extensive amount of heat exchange. The heat exchange helps us keep a constant cool temperature throughout our process, something that’s great for the quality of our protein.
The Organic Whey™’s processing takes place in a building built in accordance with the LEED standard and we are currently in the process of becoming certified. Special features that help us meet LEED standards include:
Easy recipes provided are energy efficient and most of them do not require fancy equipment to process. Our whey is water/milk soluble, so you don’t need to use a blender or shaker–--no energy other than a few calories to mix it by spoon! LET’S MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR US AND FOR THE NEXT GENERATIONS!
- Native landscaping
- Rain gardens for storm water management,
- All concrete construction materials (floor, roof, block walls and drier tower) made from 27% recycled fly ash,
- Low energy variable speed drives used in all of our motors (there are 150 of them in our plant so this is a meaningful difference)
- Natural light in all production areas
- Motion sensor lighting control throughout the plant
- No off-gas ink, paint or finishes