Chunkier Chunks of Energy
Courtesy: Jess @ healthyexposures.wordpress.com
- 1/4 cup oats – quick or rolled
- 1/4 cup cashews (I used salted and roasted)
- 4-5 medium sized dried, pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon mustHave Protein™
- 1/8 cup nut butter
- 1/8 cup milled flax
- 1 table spoon wheat germ
- 1/8 cup Kamut® wheat hot cereal (or oat bran)
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- water, as needed
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dried papaya
- 1/8 cup coconut (preferably unsweetened)
- 1/8 cup sunflower kernels
1. Combine first three ingredients in a processor, and pulse until crumbly.
2. Add in maple syrup, mustHave Protein™, nut butter, wheat germ, flax, and wheat cereal. Process to combine. Stream in some water (about 1/8 cup) until it sort of clumps into a couple chunks.
3. Add in the remaining three ingredients, papaya, coconut and sunflower kernels.
4. Pulse it once or twice to get it all incorporated. 5. Spread it out into a Tupperware, pressing down firmly. Cover and chill it in refrigerator.
6. You can also make them in balls and refrigerate.