If you’ve can’t seem to get enough whey protein, you’re not alone. Not only is it a delicious protein product, but it’s so, so healthy for you too. But if you’re like most people, chances are if you had whey protein recently it was in a protein shake, smoothie, or even energy bar. And while those are great delivery systems for whey protein’s numerous health benefits, they can get old kinda quick.
So, you’re feeling a little too cold for a smoothie or a bit to blah for another bar, but can’t imagine not getting your whey protein fix?
We’ve pulled together some of our favorite ways to use whey protein in recipes and favorite foods you probably eat on the reg already.
- Mix a scoop or two of whey into your pancake or waffle batter for a higher protein breakfast. (Works in crepes, too!)
- Mix into any baked good recipe by replacing the flour with whey by about ½ cup.
- Add a scoop into your oatmeal (or other hot cereal) while it cooks.
- Add whey to rice or chia pudding for a creamier, and higher protein snack and dessert.
- Use a scoop (mixed with water or milk) in cream sauce recipes to up the protein and creaminess factor.
- Replace milk in scrambled eggs or quiches with whey protein (diluted with water or milk) for a higher protein breakfast or brunch.
- Mix some whey into meatballs/loaf recipes for creamy and protein-rich entrees!
- Add whey into dessert recipes like cupcakes, cookies, and brownies.
- Frosting your desserts? Use diluted whey instead of milk in your frosting recipes!
- Mix into yogurt (which has naturally-occurring whey already in it!).
- Blend into cheese or cream-based dips.
- Blend into homemade ice cream recipes for a healthier treat.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.